I hope you had a great summer and are looking forward to the new school year! I am pleased to be your second grade teacher this year. I look forward to getting to know more about you. In our classroom, we are creating an engaging, respectful and safe classroom, a community of learners where all students learn, grow and enjoy school.
I am looking forward to a productive partnership with you, parents and families, to ensure our children can achieve their highest potential. I recognize that in order to be successful in school, our children need support from both the home and school. I know a strong partnership with you will make a great difference in your child’s education. As partners, we share the responsibility for our children’s success. I want you to know that I, and other teachers, will do our very best to carry out our responsibilities. I ask that you guide and support your child’s learning by ensuring that your child:
1) Attends school daily and arrives on time, ready for the day’s learning experience.
2) Completes all homework assignments.
3) Reads daily to develop a love for reading and to improve literacy skills.
4) Shares school experiences with you so that you are aware of his/her school life.
5) Informs you if he/she needs additional support in any area or subject.
6) Knows that you expect him/her to succeed in school and go on to college.
Let’s have a wonderful year together!