Ms. Woods - Teacher
Welcome to third grade. Following you will find my classroom rules and expectations, the homework policy and the discipline policy. PARENTS INFORMATION HAS BEEN ADDED FOR SPRING 2020 SCHOOL CLOSURE!
1. Listen respectfully.
2. Follow classroom rules and procedures.
3. Be respectful at all times.
4. Be responsible at all times.
5. Be safe at all times.
6. Come to school daily.
7. Learn Everyday!!!
Assignments during Spring 2020 - At Home Learning - Please see Parent Information Below
Homework is usually given out on Mondays and is due on Friday morning. Sometimes homework may be turned in on the following Monday. Homework should be neat, complete and done only by the student.
Students are expected to be respectful and follow rules in the classroom, on the yard and in all common areas (i.e.-auditorium, lunch pavilion, library).
Students will be given 1 reminder/warning to correct behavior. Students may be corrected verbally, benched and/or sent to the principal to talk/explain and/or to call parents. A note may be sent home informing parents of student behavior and/or expectations.
YEAR AT A GLANCE THROUGH CULTURAL DIVERSITY
AND MULTI-CULTURAL ACTIVITIES
September: Labor Day; Johnny Appleseed Day; Hispanic Heritage Month; Constitution Day; October: Hispanic Heritage; Classroom Harvest Celebration; Dia de los muertos; November: Grade Level Field Trip to California Science Center (11/8); Thanksgiving Vacation; December: Winter Celebrations and holiday program; WINTER BREAK; January: HAPPY NEW YEAR 2020!!! Chinese New Year; February: Valentine's Day; Black History Month; Mardi Gras; March: Women's History Month; Dr. Seuss' birthday & Read Across America; St. Patrick's Day; April: SPRING BREAK; SBAC TESTING BEGINS; Earth Day; May:Teacher Appreciation Week; International Dance Day celebration; June: End of the Year celebration; LAST DAY OF SCHOOL YEAR: 6/12/2020
PARENT INFORMATION: Classroom Resources and Assignments
- Amplify Reading (Classroom lessons to be assigned - passwords mailed to students)
- Zearn Math (Classroom Mission assigned)
- www.Storylineonline.org (Free access online- no passwords needed)
- Scholastic Classroom (scholastic.com - class code: stallions11)
- Benchmark Universe (access through clever.com assignments coming soon)
- Dreambox - Math (access through clever.com)
- Nearpod.com (coming soon)
- www. kcet.org/at-home/learning (optional: district provided grade level work available)
- NEWLY ADDED: Google Classroom (please look at your email - you have been invited to join - assignments will be posted here soon!) *Read 60 minutes daily; Work on any ELA platform 60 minutes daily; Work on any Math platform 60 minutes daily.
HAVE FUN DAILY - i.e. Bake cookies, paint, do crossword puzzles; build puzzles; play board games with family