I want to welcome you and your child to my classroom for what promises to be an exciting and productive year for all of us. The purpose of this page is to provide some information about what you can expect throughout the school year. Below there will be a description of the what we will learn, grading policy, homework, classroom rules, and behavior plan.
I look forward to working with all of you this upcoming school year. Thank you for working with me to create a successful school year. If you have any questions, please send a text message to my cell to be received the first day of school, call the school, or send an email to email@example.com.
What We Will Learn
We will be following the California Common Core State Standards to grow an in depth understanding of English language arts, writing, mathematics, social studies, science, health, art, computer skills and physical education. With the cooperation of teacher, parents/guardians, and student, much learning will occur.
- Everyone can learn.
- Mistakes help a person learn.
- Everyone is capable of high achievement.
- Consistent effort and effective strategies are the main factors of success.
- Good students ask for help and feedback on their work.
- You are not supposed to understand everything the first time around. Care, perseverance, and quality are what count.
Your child will be receiving homework every day (Monday-Friday including Friday) of the week except the first week of school. The homework is due daily. Please make sure to check your child's homework for completion and backpack for any notices that get sent home. Your child will also be expected to read every day for 20 minutes.
1. Be Safe, Be Respectful, Be Responsible
2. Listen and follow directions.
3. Raise your hand before speaking or leaving your seat.
4. Keep your hands and feet to yourself.
5. Respect yourself, classmates, and your teacher.
6. Do your best!
1. Tickets for homework completed redeemed from the prize box.
2. Beads for behavior redeemed on Free Time Friday's.
3. Marble jar for class on-task behavior redeemed for a special class reward.
1. Warning -card turned yellow
2. Quiet Seat- card turned orange
3. Loss of recess/lunch or text home